Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Lime Shrimp Tortillas

I love the combination of citrus and seafood...especially lime and shrimp. You may notice a trend. I wanted to make something light and quick last night after the gym, so I decided to make shrimp tortillas. I saw the recipe in my Southern Living cookbook but I made a few variations. This recipe is really easy and has a lot of flavor. I will definitely make these again. They will be perfect for a quick weekend lunch. Feel free to add any toppings you like. I added a little guacamole and sour cream to mine.

Lime Shrimp Tortillas

whole wheat tortillas, warmed
12-16 jumbo shrimp
1 tbs olive oil
1 green pepper, cut into strips
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice

1-2 palmfuls of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
Suggested toppings: light sour cream, guacamole, salsa, fat free cheddar cheese


Boil shrimp in hot water until pink. Sautee the onions and peppers in oil until soft. Add the shrimp and  remaining ingredients to pan and coat nicely. Spoon ingredients into the warm tortillas and top with any toppings you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment