Thursday, August 19, 2010

Black Bean Burrito Bake



 I made these for dinner last night. I love love love black beans so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it out. I made these early, set them in the refrigerator, and Christian popped them in the oven once he got home. They also didn't take any time to prepare...15 minutes tops! The only thing I would change is I would add a bit of salt to the bean mixture. I must admit this is a picture of  some of the leftovers today...which were still delicious!

Black Bean Burrito Bake
Courtesy of Cooking Light

  • 1  (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
  • 1/2  cup  reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1  (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
  • 1  cup  frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
  • 4  (8-inch) flour tortillas
  • Cooking spray
  • 1  cup  bottled salsa
  • 1/2  cup  (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°.
Remove one chile from can. Chop chile. Reserve remaining adobo sauce and chiles for another use. Combine sour cream and chile in a medium bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
Place half of beans in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add chopped beans, remaining beans, and corn to sour cream mixture.
Spoon 1/2 cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; place, seam side down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread salsa over tortillas; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

**Half of the beans are finely chopped to give the filling a thick, creamy consistency. This dish can be made up to 8 hours in advance and chilled; just bring it back to room temperature before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment