Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Corn Muffins



I made these corn muffins for a New Years Eve party my friend hosted. She mentioned they were going to serve Italian soup so I thought these would be a perfect addition. Since I thought to make these at the  last minute, I was very happy they were incredibly easy to make. As they baked in the oven the smell literally permeated the entire apartment and I could not wait to try them out. I have to admit I tried a few before I took them to the party!  Everyone at the party raved about how good they were so needless to say they were a hit.

Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Corn Muffins
Courtesy of Giada's Kitchen

2 (8 1/2-ounce) packages Jiffy corn muffin mix


2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed

3 garlic cloves, minced

2/3 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil ( 8-ounce jar)

2/3 cup buttermilk

2/3 cup sour cream

2 large eggs



Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 2 muffin tins.

In a large bowl combine the muffin mix, corn, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir to combine. In a small bowl whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, and eggs until well blended. Add the buttermilk mixture to the muffin mix. Stir to combine. Spoon the mix into the muffin tins, filling up the cups about halfway. Bake until golden brown on top, about 15 minutes.

2 comments: