Friday, February 12, 2010

Pumpkin Pecan Pie


Yep, you read it right...pumpkin pecan pie!  I couldn't decide what I wanted to make because both of these are Thanksgiving staples. So, I decided to look for a recipe for a hybrid of the two. On the good side, everyone seemed to enjoy it. On the bad side, I did not enjoy it as much as I expected. Since others enjoyed it so much, I decided to post the recipe.  If you decide to try it out,  let me know what you think!

Pumpkin Pecan Pie
Courtesey of Several Recipes on the Internet

3 eggs, divided
1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
1 cup sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
dash of salt
2/3 cup light or dark corn syrup
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
1 frozen pie crust*

Directions:
*thaw pie crust as directed on the package
Preheat oven to 350°.

In small bowl, combine one egg, pumpkin, 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Spread in pie crust.

In medium bowl, beat remaining two eggs slightly. Stir in corn syrup and remaining 2/3 cup sugar, the butter and vanilla; stir until well blended. Stir in pecans. Carefully spoon over pumpkin mixture.

Bake 60 minutes or until filling is set around edge. Cool pie completely on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment