Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Creamy Ranch Mac and Cheese



Mac and cheese is one of my favorite dishes and there times when I need a nice helping of it to make it through the day. After a rainy weekend, mac and cheese is just what I needed to lift my spirits...and bbq cups ...and a glass of wine.  I usually bake my mac and cheeses but when I stumbled across this recipe on a new fave of mine, Noble Pig , I was intrigued. A stovetop mac and cheese that doesnt involve a cheesey powder packet...yes,please! It also gave me an excuse to break out he dutch oven. I am always looking for new ways to make mac and cheese and since I love ranch, this seemed like a must try. This was easy, fast, and a delicious blend of ranch and cheese.


What you will need:

Thats:
1 package (16 oz.) elbow macaroni
1 cup milk 
(I used skim)1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1 cup  shredded sharp cheddar
1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar
1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream (I used light)
1/2 cup crushed saltines
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Cook macaroni according to package directions, however, do not use salt in the pasta water.  Meanwhile in a Dutch oven, combine the milk, butter, dressing mix and seasonings; heat through.  Stir in cheddar cheeses until melted.  Stir in sour cream.

Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce with the saltines.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment