Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mushroom and Spinach Lasagna



Another fuzzy picture...but I am so excited to share this recipe because I know you will love it! I found this recipe on Closet Cooking and I knew that I had to make it when I saw the words bechemel sauce. I love love love a good white sauce. I made this lasagna for a few friends that came over for dinner. In order to maximize my friend time, I decided to go for a one dish meal that I could make ahead and pop in the oven. This was perfect...and a crowd pleaser!  I served this yummy salad on the side. This entire meal is a must try!

Bechemel Sauce:

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
salt and pepper to taste (optional)

Directions:

1. Heat the butter in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat until melted.

2. Whisk flour and stir until smooth.

3. Whisk in milk and stir until smooth.

4. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper.

5. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.

Sauce will thicken

Lasagna:

Ingredients:

1 package lasagne noodles ( I used Barilla no boil)

2 tablespoons butter

4 cups sliced mushrooms (portabello, shiitake, etc)

2 servings Bechamel Sauce

2 cups parmigiano-reggiano (grated)


Directions:

1. Cook the noodles as directed on the package. (Add a splash of oil to the water to prevent sticking.)

2. Saute the mushrooms in the butter.

3. Preheat the over to 375 degrees F.

4. Spread some of the bechamel sauce on the bottom of an 8 inch by 8 inch baking dish. Place a layer of noodles on top, then more sauce, then a third of the mushrooms, and 1/4 cup of the grated parmigiano-reggiano. Repeat 2 more times. Top the final layer of noodles and sauce, and the remaining parmigiano-reggiano.

5. Bake the lasagna for about 45 minutes. The top should be a bit browned the sauce should be bubbling.

6. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 or so minutes and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment