Thursday, August 27, 2009

Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers


I found this recipe on a blog that is full of great ideas. Mine did not turn out quite the way I would have liked, but they were tasty nonetheless.  I think I used too much cream cheese which is why they did not brown  on the top as they should have. Since I will be making these again in the future, I hope to master it on my next try!

Ingredients
6 jalapenos, sliced in half, ribs and seeds removed (I use a papertowel to get the
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.Cut a thin strip off the back of each jalapeno half so they will sit flat on the baking sheet. Mix the last 5 ingredients together until well combined.Spoon mixture to fill each jalapeno half. Bake for 15 minutes, until jalapenos are just tender and the cheese filling is bubbling & brown on top.

1 comment:

  1. I make a similar recipe. I stuff some of the jalepenos with cream cheese and the rest with cheddar cheese. Then I wrap them in soy bacon and bake in the oven for 20-30 min. until the peppers are soft. The cheddar ones are good dipped in homemade ranch. Keep the recipes coming!

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete